Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I heart the sun.

Oh bloggity blog blog. My best intentions are never enough to keep you up to date.

Jamon and I recently went to Uniontown, PA for the USCAA (United States Collegiate Athletic Association) National tournament. His team was ranked 5th in the nation and was able to compete for the national title. Though we didn't win, we did play in the Championship game and can now say that we are a National Champ runner up. Exciting times for a program that is only 2 years old!!! Good job boys. It was a nice trip and I even got to relax one of the days... for a couple of hours. Otherwise, it was all basketball, cooking and driving. I loved it. The weather was cold and lovely. The resort we stayed at was breath-taking. www.nemacolin.com Gorgeous. The tough part... leaving my lil bud, Corban. he stayed back in warm sunny Florida to play with Oma and Opa for a few days and then Grandma for a few days. s.p.o.i.l.e.d. I could hardly wait to get back so I could hug and kiss him to pieces. 8 days is a long time to be away.

Though far from school, books are never far from these studious boys minds.

The whole basketball family - minus cx of course.

The boys after the amazing last second victory of the 2nd game. Whew....

Primanti Brothers... google it. SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!





After our cold little adventure in PA, I'm reminded even more so of how much I love Florida weather. We got back and it was in the 80's. Glorious.  Corban LOVES being outdoors... and I can handle it for a while, but this big ole belly is starting to bet a bit uncomfortable. Seriously, no room for air in my lungs, belly resting on my knees when I sit. so unattractive. Nonetheless we venture out to the beach occasionally. It is a good reminder of just how incredible blessed we are to live in such a beautiful city.

At the beach this past weekend. Loving some fun in the sun and sand.

Corban and Daddy venture towards the water. it didn't take long for fearless CX to run into the waves himself. Enough fearlessness to give his momma a heart attack.

Pregnancy is progressing along nicely. 34 weeks, and no recent picture to show for it. Trust... there's no denying a baby in this belly. My stomach constantly hops around like it's a bounce house for a family of maniacs. Blaise puts Corban to shame in the activity level department. Oh goodness. This past week or so I can tell I've become a lot more tired. Like exhausted, would take naps every three hours like Corban, if I could.  Small price to pay. I'm sure it's just Gods silly way of preparing me for going non-stop when Blaise gets here and I've got TWO little ones that I can shower with my love and attention. Get ready boys.

Speaking of boys... my window of computer time has come to a close. I hear Corban waking up from his nap, which means "go-time!" We've got to run to the adoration chapel... for Lent we're going every day. Corban is learning to genuflect... or air squat... we're not quite sure which he's mimicking. But he's picking something up. And I'm sure we're a good Lenten sacrifice for the people in the chapel as we barge in with CX who has yet to learn the meaning of Ssshhhhhh. Oh well...

1 comment:

Roxy said...

Love the pic of baby & daddy walking toward the water. :)