Thursday, December 10, 2009

17 years later...

In 2nd grade we had a project called "All about Me." it was a book where we filled in the blanks. I came across this book the other day and was amused by my answers. Amused because 17 years later most of my answers are the same. 

Here's an example:
Who is your best friend? Jesus
What is your favorite thing to do? Play basketball (although now I'd rather watch :) )
Number 1-10 the most important qualities in a friend? Jamon got a kick out of this, but I don't think I understood the numbering system so for my number 1 quality I put Athleticism.

the book goes on for quite a while with lots of funny 2nd grade answers. The one that holds the most truth is:

What do you want to be when you grow up? A mom

Yes, even in second grade I knew that I, more than anything, wanted to be a mom. That desire held fast through my whole life. Now being a mom I know I was right on. I DO want to be a mom. I LOVE being a mom and it is truly the fulfillment of everything I want in life.

Corban is 4 weeks old today and I can hardly believe it. 4 WEEKS???? Where did the time go?  I was at the grocery store today and had both newborn diapers and size 1 diapers in my hands. I didn't know which to get since he could fit into both. But since I'm not ready for him to be anything other than a newborn... I went with the ones with the cute umbilical cord cut out... newborn diapers. I'll hang on to those for as long as I can.

Corban sleeps during the day. MOST of the day, but he is bright eyed and bushy-tailed from around 10pm - 3am. Last night jamon and I were both exhausted but Corban was awake and we couldn't bring ourselves to turn out the lights to sleep. We love EVERY moment with him. I don't mind being nocturnal and awake during the day. 3 hours of sleep is starting to feel pretty normal and I wouldn't give up my precious Corban time for anything in the world. I'm laughing now cause I know Jamon and I are both sleep-deprived and in love. A couple of nights ago Corban wet through his diaper as well as at some point spit up... all of this on our nice white bed-spread. As Jamon and I were going to bed, right under the pee-ed on and spit up covered comfortor Jamon looks at me and says "I must be in love cause I don't even mind sleeping in his pee."

Away I go. I've got sheets, outfits and comfortors to wash while Corban catches some sweet Z's.

Love, love, love

Jess

1 comment:

Lori said...

4 weeks... where did the time go. Try 25 years for the twins and almost 22 for Lynley! Seems like yesterday I was buying cases of diapers. I even tried the real ones for about a month, (having a nanny helped). Enjoy every single moment, because it is true... blink and they are gone. Luckily mine are in McKinney and Richardson, Texas... not as far as Florida. Your folks must be going nuts.