There are about a million things I should be blogging about. 1. a new baby 2. an 18 month old 3. summer work 4. Gods abundant Grace 5. awesome huz 6. etc etc etc
and I'll get to those when I have more than a 5 minute window in which to type.
But instead you're going to get my newest obsession in the world of desserts. Seriously LOVE this dessert. Don't judge... It tastes JUST like Chocolate chip cookies, but stays moist longer.
Deep-Dish Cookie Pie
(High in fiber… and gluten-free!)
- 2 cans organic garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed) (500g)
- 1 cup oatmeal (next time I'm using ground Flax)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 T grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar (I'm still trying to figure out a way to not use brown sugar... agave? Stevia etc... I'll let you know when I come up with something else)
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate chips
Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a food processor. Mix in chips, and pour into an oiled pan. Cook at 350F for around 35 minutes. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Go ahead, make and enjoy.
Now signing off until I have a moment to breathe and I can pry my hands from the wine bottle (straw inserted.) Enjoy your cookies!