Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Babies and eyebrows

I went to the Dr. today and nothing exciting happened. She listed to Corban's heartbeat and measured my tummy and said everything was perfect. Cool. I'll take that. I go again next Tuesday for a sonogram appointment so she can tell us Corbans weight and all of that fun stuff. It'll be great to see him again. Though let me be clear... I'd rather have him HERE in my arms than here in my belly. I'll be 38 weeks along on Friday and I feel like I've been pregnant forever. Please don't mis-read. I've really enjoyed my pregnancy... especially the middle and close to end. It's really a special time that I'll cherish. Like tonight... I sat on the couch and just watched Corban move around. He's a feisty lil guy and makes my stomach jump around like he's in a mosh pit. I love feeling him move. It's so unique. I'm the ONLY person who knows what Corban feels like. Sure, Jamon... and every other person in Ave can put their hand on my stomach a feel his movements, but not like I can. That's special. But, on the other hand, I'm kind of done. I'm ready for Corban to be here. The waiting game is killer. The Dr. says he can come anytime, so every day we wait. People keep asking why I'm still around work and "how much longer..." Trust me people, I'll have this baby as soon as I can!!! I suppose in the mean time I'll just pace around his room, pack and re-pack my hospital bag and make sure I'm not forgetting anything and carry on. He'll be here in God's perfect time.

This past Sunday Jamon and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary! WHOA. We had big plans to go to the beach and eat breakfast listening to the waves and spend the day doing nothing after that. But we thought that even more enjoyable than going to the beach was sleeping in. So we slept in then went to Mass. After Mass I made breakfast (delish breakfast tacos) and he worked on school stuff.  I went to the grocery store and then started making dinner as per Jamon's request. I made brisket, twice baked potatos, broccoli and cheese and a homeade carrot cake for dessert. SO GOOD! I had to pat myself on the back after such a feast. And for Jamon's gift to me, he cleaned the kitchen. It was awesome! Then we were in bed by 8pm... perfect! Watched a movie and called it a night. SUCH a good day of doing nothing. We never get days like that anymore and we cherished every second. We decided to for-go gifts and instead write love notes. I love, love notes. Jamon is great at writing them and I love every special day since I get one... sometimes I even get a love note for no reason stuck to my side of the mirror. He's amazing. Jamon also surprised me with a dozen roses, which I'm still enjoying. I love flowers.

Ohhhhh, on a totally unrelated note, I think pregnancy is causing my clumsiness to come out more. Last week I needed to trim my eyebrows. Thanks to the Bodman fam I've got some beastly brows that tend to have a mind of their own. Anyway, as I went to trim them I grabbed the scissors and realized that they were broken in half, yet still put back in their place. Hmmmm, thanks Jamon. So, in desperation I grabbed the electric razor. You can imagine what happened next. As I was carefully trimming away at the ridiculously long eyebrow stragglers my hand slipped and in a flash a nice chunk from the middle of my eye brow was missing!!!!!!! HORRIBLE! So noticeable. Truly... even Jamon noticed. What to do???? I'm late for work, have never owned an eyebrow pencil in my life and had to go to the next best thing... eyeliner. So yes, I colored in my missing eyebrow chunk with an eyeliner pencil that is about 4 shades to dark and prayed I didn't forget and rub my eyebrows, thus causing huge smearage and more unneccesary embarassment. You'll be pleased to know that so far no one has noticed, or atleast mentioned, a noticable change in my appearance and the eyeliner pencil seems to be holding up just fine. Hopefull all will be grown in before too long! Oh the mis-hap.

Anyway,  I'm feeling pretty exhausted and as I re-read this post I realize how scattered and poorly written it probably seems. Folks, I'm just trying to keep you up to date. I can't promise good writing or grammer. :) On that note, I'm out. Bedtime for me.

Please say an extra prayer for Jamon, Corban and me in the upcoming week(s) as we joyfully anticipate his arrival... and the arrival of Corban's two AWESOME grandma's. We can't wait to see them!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA! What a DELIGHT to read this, Jess! You have a way of writing that makes me feel like we were just visiting over a glass of wine or something! Can't belive I'll be in Ave in just TEN DAYS!!! Come, dear Corban, come on time!
♥ Mom/Grandma B