Wednesday, June 25, 2008

1 Peter 1:6-8

Last night in adoration this verse really spoke to me. I read it and said... Ohhh. I should put that on the blog. :) Nice.

Please read it. It fits perfectly with my post from the other day about leaving everything behind out of love for Christ.


"In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials, so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Although you have not seen him you love him; even though you do not see him now yet believe in him, you rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy." -1 Peter 1:6-8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dearest Jess. You don't know this ~ but when I was your age, exactly, 1 Peter 1:6-8 was my personal link to Christ during a time of "great testing", letting go and healing ~ and TRUSTING that your big sister's death could actually be a Gift and a Blessing. This time for you is also a time of letting go and Trusting ~ and I PROMISE YOU, GOD IS FAITHFUL and YOU & MANY will be blessed by your "YES!" to Christ. THANK YOU for your example. Love you forever, Mom <><