Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Torchy's

I had Torchy's tacos for lunch today (which by the way will be one of the things I miss most about Austin) and was delighted to enjoy a nookie. Yes, a nookie; a little ball of chocolate chip cookie dough, rolled in cornflakes and deep fried. WHEW! Delish! Step aside deep-fried twinkies, oreos, and corndogs. Nookie takes the cake on artery clogging goodness!

On another note. What are you supposed to do with pens and post-it notes? I've got a stack sitting on my desk and am extremely torn about what to do with them. Throw them away? Pack them for next year when I get back? It should be so simple.

I'm going to put my psychology studies to good use here and suggest that maybe I'm having issues letting go of things. Maybe the post-its symbolize my fear of leaving behind people. I'm by no means suggesting that I'm contemplating pitching some people to the curb. I think I'm just concerned with how some relationships will fare in my physical absence. One of the most beloved things to me in this city are the people living in it. My dear Meredith gave me a sign that reads "The best things in life aren't things." It is a very simple truth. The relationships that I've been a part of in the past 4 years in Austin are a bountiful blessing in my life and certainly are some of the "best things." I have friends from all walks of life in all stages of all ages. Each person brings something unique to my life and I wouldn't be the same without them.

So... Cheers to you my dear friends. Because of the grace of God and you, I have the desire to do something to affect change in our world. I believe you all deserve the best. In response to that, you deserve the best out of me that I can give. :) I leave with a desire to become the best version of myself by giving myself. To learn to love unconditionally and to serve the way I was taught... as Jesus served.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, jessica. Even though you are a THING, I still think you're the best one out there. Closing my eyes, imagining huge hands....

Krystle said...

Jess, I'll eat a Torchy's for you EVER DAY until you get back & post comments on how Dawicious it was! Can't wait to get more updates & know you are Always in my toughts & prayers!

Love you!